April 13, 2021
Advocacy 102: Moving Local Food System Bills Forward
Do you want to:
- Understand how to read legislation?
- Learn advocacy tips to help bills get passed?
- Help build advocacy efforts around key bills?
Then join the Collaborative for our upcoming series of Advocacy 102 sessions on key local food system bills under consideration in the Massachusetts Legislature. The Zoom-based workshops begin on April 22 at 4:00 pm and will continue weekly through June 10. These will be working sessions for those with experience in the fields the bills address, as well as for those who are interested in engaging in policy advocacy for the first time! You can review the bills the Collaborative is prioritizing this session here.
Each session will focus on a single bill, with opportunities to discuss the bill’s background, analyze the bill’s potential impact, discuss ways it could be improved upon, and strategize about ways to craft and target messages to support the bill. These sessions will be informal and conversation-based, so come prepared to participate!
- Please register here for the An Act regarding a farmland protection and viability plan session on April 22nd at 4:00 pm.
Please register here for the An Act relative to an agricultural healthy incentives program session on May 6th at 4:00 pm.
- Please register here for the An Act supporting the Commonwealth’s food system session on May 13th at 4:00 pm.
- Please register here for the An Act supporting the Commonwealth’s farmers session on May 20th at 4:00 pm.
- Please register here for the An Act encouraging the donation of food to persons in need session on May 27th at 4:00 pm.
- Please register here for the An Act promoting equity in agriculture session on June 3rd at 4:00 pm.
- Please register here for the An Act relative to in-state meat inspection programs and An Act to support infrastructure needs for livestock farmers session on June 10th at 4:00 pm.
For more information, contact Becca Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Action needed: Contact Representatives about local food system budget priorities!
Collaborative Proposes FY22 Food Security Budget