September 2023: The final fiscal year 2024 budget proposals was passed with $13.8 million included for HIP. The Collaborative is closely monitoring the usage of the program in fiscal year 2024, and will be working on a supplemental budget campaign soon.
Looking for another action? Share your HIP story!
If you are a HIP farmer vendor or serve SNAP clients: please print out this sign and hang in your farm stand, farmers’ market booth, or office, or print out the flyer in postcard size to share. You can also share this form directly with clients in your newsletter. Note, HIP customers are welcome to share their thoughts anonymously!
If you are a HIP customer, please fill out a postcard (template here) about your HIP experience, take a picture of it, and send it to [email protected].
The story sharing flyer (standard letter and postcard sizes) and form are available in Spanish, as well! Many thanks to Jonathan Guzman and Groundwork Lawrence to translating.
Old action items:
- Check out a new report on the history of the Campaign here.
- Sign your farm, farmers market, or organization on to our campaign to be listed on future letters and to receive regular updates about the campaign.
- See which farms and farmers’ markets have signed on here and which organizations have signed on here.
- Direct your members, customers, friends, and communities to this page to stay informed and take action. If you’d like language to use in your newsletters or on social media, contact Rebecca Miller.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and share our announcements about the campaign.
- Share our HIP fact sheet, and videos and stories.
- Continue to spread the word about HIP in your community! Outreach resources developed by Campaign members can be found here.